Juicy yet crunchy, this homemade burger with peanut butter and bacon jam tantalizes the taste buds, perfect for that Friday night 'Fakeaway'
Serves 4 - Approx. 540 KCal Per Serving
Ingredients (Serves 4 - Approx. 540 KCal Per Serving)
500g Lean Beef Mince
1 Tsp Onion powder (Or 1 Medium Onion (Peeled & Finely Chopped)
1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
1/2 Tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
1 Medium Egg (Beaten)
4 x Brioche Buns
4 Tbsp Crunchy/Chunky Peanut Butter
4 Tsp Chilli Jam (Or Bacon Jam)
4 Slices Cheddar Cheese
Ready Salted Crinkle Cut Crisps
4 x Pickles/Gherkins
1. In a bowl, combine the Beef Mince, Onion powder (Or Onion), Smoked Paprika, Black Pepper & Sea Salt.
2. Add I the Beaten Egg and combine using your hands.
3. Separate the Beef Mixture into 4 balls the same size, and shape into patties
(You can use a Burger press for this step if you have one).
4. Set the Beef Patties aside and heat up little oil in a Pan or Skillet to Medium-High Heat, and add the Patties, Cook for 5-6 Minutes on each side, when there is 2-3 minutes remaining, add a Slice of Cheddar to the top of each Pattie.
5. At the same time as adding the Cheese to the Patties, heat a separate pan to medium heat and lightly toast the cut sides of the Brioche Buns.
6. Once the Patties and Buns are done, place 1 patty on a Brioche Bun and top each Pattie with 1 Tbsp Crunchy peanut Butter, 1 Tsp Chilli Jam (Or Bacon jam), a Handful of Ready Salted Crinkle Cut Crisps.
7. Place the top of the Brioche bun on the burger and top with a Pickle or Gherkin and secure in place with on top of the Bun.
8. Serve and Enjoy with a Side of Fries.