Delicious, warm, heathy and hearty soup, made using the best possible root vegetables to create an amazing flavour.
Serves 4-6 - Approx. 145 KCal Per Portion
Ingredients (Serves 4-6 - Approx. 145 KCal Per Portion)
350g Carrot (Peeled & Chopped)
300g Swede (Peeled & Chopped)
150g Potato (Peeled & Chopped)
1 Large Parsnip (Peeled & Chopped)
2 x Medium Brown Onions (Roughly Chopped)
1200ml Vegetable Stock
1 Tsp Paprika
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Tsp Salt
Parsley to Serve
Crème Fraiche to Serve (Optional)
1. Add 1 Tbsp Oil to a large Pot, add the onions and cook for 4-5 Mins to soften.
2. Add 1200ml Vegetable Stock to the Pot and add the Chopped Carrot, Swede, Potato & Parsnip
3. Bring to the Boil, Add Salt, pepper & Paprika, Stir, Cover and Simmer for 20-25 Minutes
DO NOT DRAIN
4. Add contents of Pot to a Blender and blend until smooth
5. Season to Taste & Serve topped with Parsley and a dollop of Crème Fraiche.
Can be stored for 1-2 days in the fridge, or frozen for later.