A creamy and delicious Chicken & Chorizo Penne, with a sauce made using Cream Cheese for a wholesome flavour.
Serves 4 - Approx. 309 KCal Per Portion
Ingredients (Serves 4 - Approx. 309 KCal Per Portion)
300g Penne Pasta
1 Tbsp Cooking Oil
100g Chorizo (Sliced)
400g Chicken Breast (Cut into Strips)
1 Tsp Sea Salt
½ Tsp Black Pepper
3 Cloves Garlic (Crushed)
1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
1 Tbsp Dried Parsley Flakes
¼ Tsp Dried Chilli Flakes
2 Tbsp Tomato Puree
200g Soft Cheese (Light)
300ml Pasta Water, (200ml if you like a thinner sauce)
100g Fresh Spinach
Parmesan Cheese (To Serve)
Fresh Basil (To Serve)
1. Cook the Pasta in Boiling water until Al Dente (2 Minutes less than the packet states)
(Save approx. 300ml of the Pasta Water).
2. Add Oil to a Large Pan/Wok at medium-high Heat, Cook the Chicken for 7-8 minutes
3. Add the Chorizo and cook for another 5-6 minutes,
4. Reduce the Heat to Medium and add the Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic, Smoked Paprika, Parsley Flakes, Chilli Flakes and cook until the Chicken is lightly browned.
5. Add Tomato Puree and Mix In.
6. Add the Soft Cheese & 250ml Pasta Water then mix together.
7. Add the Penna Pasta to the Pan and combine so everything has an even coating and cook for a few minutes until the sauce starts to simmer. (Add a little extra Pasta Water if the sauce is too thick)
8. Add the spinach and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the Spinach starts to wilt.
9. Serve and Enjoy Topped with Parmesan Cheese & Fresh Basil