A masala curry that's bursting with flavour, made using a blend of Garam Masala, Turmeric, Cumin, Coriander Paprika & Chilli.
Serves 4 - 280 Approx. KCal Per Portion
Ingredients (Serves 4 - Approx. 280 KCal Per Portion)
2 Tbsp Oil
800g stewing beef. (Cubed)
1 Large Brown Onion (Halved & Chopped)
3 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
200g Canned Chopped Tomatoes
1 Tsp Sea Salt
1 Tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 Tsp Turmeric
1 Tbsp Garam Masala
1/2 Tsp Cumin
1/2 Tsp Ground Coriander
1/2 Tsp Hot Chilli Powder
1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
Zest of 1/2 Lemon
1 Tbsp brown sugar
240ml / 1 Cup Beef Stock
For the Sauce:
1. Add Oil to pan and bring to medium-high heat, add the Onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft.
2. Add Garlic, Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Turmeric, Garam Masala, Cumin, Ground Coriander, Chilli Powder, Smoked Paprika, combine together and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
3. Stir in the Chopped Tomatoes and Brown Sugar and bring to the boil.
4. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
5. Pour the mixture into a blender and blend into a smooth paste.
(The sauce can be done the day before and left in the fridge)
For the Curry:
1. In the pan, brown the meat on all sides.
2. Add in the Masala Sauce, Beef Stock & Lemon Zest.
3. Cover and leave to simmer for 60-90 minutes.
4. Serve with Basmati Rice a few sprigs of fresh Coriander and your favourite Naan.
Tip: Make the sauce the day before, and leave in the fridge overnight, if you cannot make the sauce the day before, try and leave it in the fridge for 2-3 hours after making on the day, this will give the spices chance to blend together and create a magnificent flavour.